RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Monday, September 9, 2013

ARC Review: Unspoken by Jen Frederick

Unspoken 
by Jen Federick
Released Date: September 16th 2013 by Pear Tree LLC
Series: Woodlands #2
Pages: ebook260 pages
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon

Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary. 

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered. 

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her. 

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.

(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

*ARC provided by Netgalley*

I really enjoyed reading this book, it has great romance and the chemistry between the both main characters is great. Although I haven't read the first book, which I believe was Noah's story, I can't really say if it's better or not. I can only say that this story was a page turner for me. I was intrigued from the very beginning and I fell in love with the characters as the story progressed. 

In this story, we meet Bo, a former Marine that has enrolled at Central College and who is known to be quite a lady's men. Apart from his good looks, he is involved in illegal fighting which makes him vulnerable whenever he has a bad temper. But when he arrives to his Biology class, he was not expecting to see AM (AnnMarie). He is immediately intrigued to see that she keeps to herself and that she is uninterested in him. With that said, his goal is to get to know her and perhaps get her to like him back. On the other hand we have AM, a typical college student who is trying to survive school. But underneath, she is in constant pain because it seems like the entire student body doesn't like her and so she keep to herself and with her only friend. Her life is not easy, she is constantly bullied by her classmates. When she gets enrolled in her Biology class, she was surprised to see Bo and that's where their attraction towards one another really begins. 

Both characters grow throughout the story, they go from hiding their past to learning how to overcome it. As they spend more time together, emotions run high and their attraction towards each other is what keeps them unable to pull apart. They both need each other and they have to learn how to trust one another if they are going to have a future together. Overall, the story line was great. I really got to know the characters really well and the ending tied everything together perfectly. The author does a really good job describing each character and the story is very well written. I would recommend everyone to give this story a try, you will not regret it.


My Rating: 4.5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D