RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Review: Vortex (Tempest #2) by Julia Cross

Vortex (Tempest #2)
by Julia Cross
Release Date: January 15th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin
Series: Tempest #2
Pages: 368
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N


Julie Cross's Vortex is the thrilling second installment of the Tempest series, in which the world hangs in the balance as a lovelorn Jackson must choose who to saveJackson Meyer has thrown himself into his role as an agent for Tempest, the shadowy division of the CIA that handles all time-travel-related threats. Despite his heartbreak at losing the love of his life, Jackson has proved himself to be an excellent agent. However, after an accidental run in with Holly—the girl he altered history to save—Jackson is once again reminded of what he's lost. And when Eyewall, an opposing division of the CIA, emerges, Jackson and his fellow agents not only find themselves under attack, but Jackson begins to discover that the world around him has changed and someone knows about his erased relationship with Holly, putting both their lives at risk all over again.

(Summary taken from Goodreads)


My Review:

As much as I liked the first two books, I didn't quiet connect with this book. I was expecting to see more of Jackson and Holly (More cute moments). I thought the book started off really slow, mainly because not a lot of things happen in the beginning. Reading books from a guy's point-of-view is a bit different from reading a girl's point-of-view, so that might be why I couldn't connect with the book as much. The life of a secret agent is really hard from seeing all the training that Jackson has to go through. In this particular book, his journey starts off by accepting the role as a Tempest agent, his training leads him to discover new friendships, and new adventures. From seeing how much he goes through, I still couldn't believe how he was able to leave Holly, but it's no surprise that this story has its twists and turns. There were a lot of times when I would just put off from reading the book (because it wan't getting interesting), but then I would go back and keep reading (finding myself unable to put it away). With new characters and secrets, Vortex is definitely a book that is packed with action and surprises. The ending left me wanting more, so I'll be looking forward to reading the last installment of this series.


My Ratings:







Check out my review on Tempest and Tomorrow is Today

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D