RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


The Iron King
by Julia Kagawa
Release Data: Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen
Series: The Iron Fey #1
Pages: 363
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N


Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.



*Summary taken from Goodreads


My Review:

I thought the book was great. I've been meaning to read this series for a while, but I just haven't had the time to read it until now. Overall I like the mixture of magic and the "modern world". It seems like nature is fighting against technology/iron. What I like about this book is the mythical creatures involved as well as the seasons. It was scary when Meghan's brother, Ethan was taken away. Her whole conquest throughout the book was to find her brother. I was not expecting the twists and turns that the book took while I was reading it. It was exciting and very unexpected towards the end. It would be interesting to see what happens to Meghan next. I will definitely recommend this book! I can't wait to read the second book of the series, it's going to be awesome! :D


My Ratings:









1 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Jackie, great review! I read The Iron King a little over a year ago. I liked it, but for some reason it didn't hold my interest enough to reach for the sequel, though I've heard so many good things about how the series progresses that I might just go for it.

I'm a new follower, found you through goodreads. Your blog is so pretty!

If/when you have the chance, you should check mine out at http://www.paper-fantasies.blogspot.com. Thanks so much!

-Kelly

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D